Wednesday 23 December 2015

TINDER

Lately, I’ve been hearing more and more about a dating phone app called Tinder.  So basically this app requires you to use your GPS location as well as connect to your Facebook account.  Tinder then sends you potential matches near you.  You then decide whether or not you like the person based on a swipe.  If you swipe to the left, it means you do not like them.  If you swipe to the right, you like them. If you both like each other then you get to message each other for free.  Yes that’s right, Tinder is free!
 
When I hear stories about Tinder, it’s usually about a one night stand.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that every person on there is looking for sex.  I remember back in the day when my girlfriends thought I was a weirdo for signing up for match.com.  Now it’s all about downloading a dating app on your phone. How times have changed!  I’ve seen people spend more than an hour on Tinder swiping on various types of men.  Really?  What happened to the days when you could go out to a bar or an event and meet people?  We’re so focused on technology that we as humans don’t communicate face to face. 
 
The first thing we notice when meeting a potential interest is whether or not we find the person physically attractive.  It makes sense why Tinder is so popular.  We all get excited when we see someone “hot” especially if they happen to right swipe you.  Ok so now you both start communicating, right?  What do you say?  Hey I like your photos, you’re sexy?
 
I would like for readers to tell me their experience in using Tinder.  Is it more for looking at eye candy?  Or have you genuinely met a nice person?
 
“Why Am I Single?” is an online blog to share comical stories about being a single woman in America. Dela Q, the best certified life coach assists people to constructively deal with changes in their personal and professional lives. For more information, go and ask questions to Miss Dela at - http://whyamisingle.net

No comments:

Post a Comment